Barruuwwan babbareedoo Professor Habtamu Dhugootiin Maxxanan kana dubbisuun waliif daddabarsa!
Dear OSA members, friends and colleagues,
Because of what is going on against our people in Oromia, it is very difficult to even begin to wish you all a “happy” holiday season.
Attached are my co-author’s and my publications in Africology: The Journal of Pan African Studies.
1) Violence Against Free Media and Knowledge Dissemination in Ethiopia: An Analysis of the Mechanisms of Restrictions on Information Flow.
By Habtamu Dugo.
This article explores mechanisms employed by the Ethiopian government to control media and the free flow of information during Oromo Protests from November 2015 to January 2016, when OSA officials Henok Gebisa and Dr. Ezekiel Gebisa organized a symposium onland-grab and the political crises that ensued. But there are some universal explanations to media, message and messenger control.
2) Famine, Genocide and Media Control in Ethiopia. By Habtamu Dugo and Joanne Eisen. Former OSA Board Chair Bonnie Holcomb and her 1980s co-author Jason Clay are amongOromo studies scholars cited in this long analysis.
Professor Habtamu Dhugo
Latest posts by Beekan Erena (see all)
- Dhimma “Bobbaa Birmachuu Biyyaa” Irratti Dhaamsa Gabaabaa Qeerroo Bilisummaa Oromoo Irraa Uummata Oromoo Hundaaf Dabarfame. Seenessaa Qeerroo’tiin - February 26, 2017
- SABABOOTA SIRRII HIN TA’IIN KAN GAA’ELATTI NAMA SEENSAN: Lati Hirpha Hunde - February 25, 2017
- SABABOOTA SIRRII TA’AN KAN GAA’ELATTI NAMA SEENSAN!: Lati Hirpa Hunde: Dargaggootaaf Gorsa Gaariidha!! - February 25, 2017