Barruuwwan babbareedoo Professor Habtamu Dhugootiin Maxxanan kana dubbisuun waliif daddabarsa!
Dear OSA members, friends and colleagues,
Because of what is going on against our people in Oromia, it is very difficult to even begin to wish you all a “happy” holiday season.
Attached are my co-author’s and my publications in Africology: The Journal of Pan African Studies.
1) Violence Against Free Media and Knowledge Dissemination in Ethiopia: An Analysis of the Mechanisms of Restrictions on Information Flow.
By Habtamu Dugo.
This article explores mechanisms employed by the Ethiopian government to control media and the free flow of information during Oromo Protests from November 2015 to January 2016, when OSA officials Henok Gebisa and Dr. Ezekiel Gebisa organized a symposium onland-grab and the political crises that ensued. But there are some universal explanations to media, message and messenger control.
2) Famine, Genocide and Media Control in Ethiopia. By Habtamu Dugo and Joanne Eisen. Former OSA Board Chair Bonnie Holcomb and her 1980s co-author Jason Clay are amongOromo studies scholars cited in this long analysis.
Professor Habtamu Dhugo
Latest posts by Beekan Erena (see all)
- DHUFEERAA BIRASAA: Barreessaafi Waloo: Ilmaan Abbaa tokkoo jedhu! Walaloo ajaa’ibaa kana waliif daddabarsaa. Ebla, 29, 2017 Diinni Gandummaa Maali? - April 29, 2017
- DIINQA OROMOO: QOPHII DUBARTOOTA OROMOO: DINKINESH DHERESSA KITILA: BEEKAN GULUMMAA IRRANAA: - April 28, 2017
- F/Salamoon Alamuu: Egaa maali YaaWaaqayyoo Furmaanni keenyaa?-Maali Maalli keenyaa? Mucaa Daa’imni kun yeroo itti sagalee miidhagaafi kiilolee kennameefiin faarfattutti - April 27, 2017